Prosper.com is the website that believes in the power of peer-to-peer lending, cutting out the middleman. Prosper.com puts together creditworthy borrowers who want to borrow money with lenders seeking consistent and predictable high-yield returns. At Prosper.com you can expect seasoned returns of up to 10.46%. Borrowers can apply for unsecured loans at rates starting at 6.59%.
With 1,250,000 members and over $311,000,000 in personal loans funded, Prosper.com has attracted much attention. The loan process and forms are all done online. Easy and quick for the borrower. The lenders see a high rate of return and the advantage of diversifying over several loans. There is relatively low risk associated with a peer to peer loan because lenders invest a small amount (as low as $25) in many different loans, there’s always some risk but you get to spread it around many loans.
Now, to make investing even sweeter at Prosper.com they are offering Traditional, Roth, SEP and 401(k) rollovers in a Prosper IRA. The minimum investment requirement is $5,000. The federal deadline to fund a Prosper.com IRA is Tuesday, April 17, 2012.
Benefits of a Prosper IRA are:
- Tax advantages: returns grow faster tax-deferred with the Traditional IRA, and tax-free with a Roth IRA.
- No fees: all fees for accounts with balances of at least $10,000 are paid by Prosper.com.
- Broad diversification: a portfolio of consumer loans helps reduce an investor's portfolio volatility.
- Easy reinvestment: Prosper.com’s Automated Quick Invest tool reinvests earnings so that returns compound over time.
- Personalized service: To ensure the best service, Prosper.com has partnered with Sterling Trust3, the self-directed IRA custodian with over $10 billion under custodial and retirement administration.
For more information, Prosper.com is hosting a free webinar on Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT. Prosper.com’s Chief Investment Officer, Joseph Toms, and Mike Kurka, Institutional Sales Executive at Sterling Trust will lead the conversation: “Boost Your Retirement Savings: The Advantages of a Self-Directed IRA for Your Peer-to-Peer Lending Investment.” Register here.
Personal loans at rates as low as 6.59% APR. No hidden fees. No pre-payment penalties