The Discover More Card – 18 Month Promotional Balance Transfer offer is a great time-limited promotion only for new sign-ups in the US. For those of you who want to consolidate your high-interest credit card debts or store card debts and want to stop paying any interest on them, listen up. Australian readers can get 15 months balance transfer here https://www.hsbc.com.au/1/2/personal/credit-cards/balance-transfers
0% introductory APR on all your purchases. You will also enjoy the benefit of having a 0% introductory APR on all your purchases for 6 months, after that you will have to pay the regular APR, which is between 10.99% – 20.99%, depending on your credit score. Remember that even though you’re in an introductory period and your APR is 0%, you should still make all your payments on time.
Earn 5% Cashback Bonus in rotating categories. Unlike many other 0% balance transfer cards, this card offers you cash rewards when you make purchases with it. It can help you save a lot of money by giving you 5% cash back in rotating categories such as gas, travel, restaurants, etc, which change throughout the year. Important note: You must enroll for each 5% program every quarter! If you spend more than the specified amount for each 5% program, the excess will automatically earn up to 1% cash back.
Receive up to 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases. You will receive an unlimited 1% rebate on all the rest of your purchases, but only once your total annual purchases exceed $3000. Purchases that are part of your first $3000 earn 0.25% rebate. Keep in mind that warehouse purchases or 5% category purchases do not count towards your total annual purchases.
Some of My Favorite Things About this Card
- Redeem Cashback Bonus for gift cards, merchandise, or cold hard cashin the form of a direct deposit to your bank account or a credit to your Discover card account in $50 increments, starting at $50.
- Get up to double Cashback Bonus. You can earn up to double Cashback Bonus when redeeming your rebates for gift certificates from participating retailers. To give you some examples, a $40 rebate can be redeemed for a $80 Carnival Cruise or $80 Celebrity Cruises gift card or instant eCertificate; a $40 rebate can be redeemed for a $100 certificate from Hyatt Hotels & Resorts; a $20 rebate can be exchanged for a $40 Samsonite gift card!
- Rebates don’t expire. Your rebates never expire unless your credit card account is inactive for more than 36 months.
- Earn rewards for paying your monthly household bills with your card. Set up automatic recurring payments for your cable, cell phone, insurance, internet etc on your Discover Card, and you earn Cashback Bonus with every bill you pay!
- Travel insurance. This credit card can also be very useful for your travels since it provides up to $500,000 in travel accident insurance, as well as car rental insurance and many fraud and security protection services.
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee. If there are any unauthorized transactions on your Discover card, you won’t have to pay a single cent for it!
My Least Favorite Things About This Card
Only receive 1% cash back if you spend more than $3,000 a year. You only start earning the 1% rebate on all your purchases after you spend more than $3,000 during the year. So if you’re not planning on spending so much money, you will get a smaller amount in cash back percentage.
This Discover More Card – 18 Month Promotional Balance Transfer is, without a doubt, the best rewards card in the US that offers the longest period (18 months) of 0% intro APR on balance transfers. This is a promotional card offer that is only for NEW sign-ups who apply. For those who want to consolidate their high-interest credit card debts or store card debts, you should take advantage of this offer because it means you don’t have to pay any more interest on your existing card balance, and have up to 18 months to repay it all – interest free! Not only will it save you tons of money, you will also become debt-free faster.
The Discover More Card – 18 Month Promotional Balance Transfer is also a rewards card, giving you cash back whenever you make purchases or pay bills with this card. This lets you save even more money. With no annual fee, you have even more savings, and have a lot to gain from having this card.
This is not a permanent card offering, so don’t miss it if you want to take advantage of the 18-month 0% balance transfer deal. Apply online for the Discover More Card – 18 Month Promotional Balance Transfer, and you’ll get a response within 60 seconds. Also be aware you must have a credit rating of "Excellent" to be approved for this offer.